[geeks] shopping cart

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Tue Mar 16 10:39:05 CST 2004

Kurt Huhn spoke in riddles, like the night...

> I'm looking for a shopping cart for my store that I can use to integrate
> into my existing site without massive re-coding.  So far, I've found
> *nothing* that even comes close.  Basically, what I need is:
>  - supports inventories of "1"
>  - supports paypal payments
>  - supports credit cards such that the CC info is placed in a report on
> the box or emailed to a local account
>  - items can be added to the cart with a simple link or button (either
>
> So far, my searches have turned up nothing.  A few things have come
> close, but have had *glaring* omissions/errors/stupidness - like forcing
> someone to create an account before they can even add something into
> their cart....
>
> Ideas?  Am I goingto have to write my own?

  Most likely. Is there are worse corpus of code ever written, than
  "free web shopping carts?"  There most be some energy field that makes
  developers' brains turn to poop when they get near one.

--
"An official at the Moroccan Embassy could    ........Eric J. Gustafson
      not confirm the presence of             .........................
 monkeys in the coalition of the willing."    .........drobnox at visi.com