[geeks] ISA server security analysis?

David A de Gruyl david at bhaermandegruyl.org
Sat Mar 13 07:43:00 CST 2004

* on [04-03-13 03:21] Mike Meredith wrote:
>Are they expecting you to run the ISA server ? Point out that you're
>happy to run a secure firewall with OpenBSD, but that you're not happy
>with running a secure ISA firewall.

Good point.

Well, I am an employee and we have a couple of consultants who are the
uptight ones.  I suppose that it would be my problem _after_ the
problems arise.  Everything that consultants do is.

>In the end there's nothing you can do to stop them running ISA, but you
>*can* make a big fuss about not plugging your gear into their network
>without a proper firewall ... whenever you take your laptop to their
>site, take one of those lunchbox Sun systems running OpenBSD as well to
>guard your laptop.

Not a half bad idea, but if it is good enough for my company, I guess it
is good enough for me, running their equipment.

David

--
David de Gruyl <david at bhaermandegruyl.org>