[geeks] Anybody running asterisk pbx?

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Mar 9 11:25:59 CST 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Francois Dion wrote:
> Ah yes, but how are you supposed to sell 900 MHz phones when the
> competition is selling 1, 2.4 or 5.8GHz? After all, everybody knows that
> 5.8GHz is faster, so it's better :) I can hear sales drones from here:
> "Yes, this phone has a 5.8GHz processor - that is twice as fast as your
> home computer!"
> "But I tought that was the radio frequency it used?"
> "Nonsense, this phone doesn't have a radio"

"This phones operates at 2.4GHz.  That's the same frequency
as your microwave oven.  Here, put it up to your head!"
"Err, no thanks."

> That reminds me of the early days of transistors (not that I'm old
> enough to remember these). Transistor radios would have the number of
> transistors written on them, as a marketing tool. It started with a few
> and went up and up. Wow, a 20 transistor radio, that must work 5 times
> better than a 4 transistor radio, right? Hehe. Most were not in the
> pre-amp or amp circuits, and some manufacturers even went to the extent
> of putting transistors that did *nothing*. Eventually a law was passed
> (at least in Canada) to prevent this misleading marketing.

I think sales and marketing people need to be on the same ship
we use to hurl the suits into the sun.  Tell them it's a cruise
where they can really work on their tans.

The only thing worse than sales and marketing folk are the
drooling horde they target.

Damn, I'm unusually biiter today...
Must be that appointment I have with the lawyer to discuss
a traffic ticket I didn't earn.  I'll be sure to wash my hands
afterwards.

-DanD

# I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
#             -- Mae West