[geeks] Anybody running asterisk pbx?

Francois Dion fdion at atriumwindows.com
Tue Mar 9 11:12:35 CST 2004

Ah yes, but how are you supposed to sell 900 MHz phones when the
competition is selling 1, 2.4 or 5.8GHz? After all, everybody knows that
5.8GHz is faster, so it's better :) I can hear sales drones from here:
"Yes, this phone has a 5.8GHz processor - that is twice as fast as your
home computer!"
"But I tought that was the radio frequency it used?"
"Nonsense, this phone doesn't have a radio"

That reminds me of the early days of transistors (not that I'm old
enough to remember these). Transistor radios would have the number of
transistors written on them, as a marketing tool. It started with a few
and went up and up. Wow, a 20 transistor radio, that must work 5 times
better than a 4 transistor radio, right? Hehe. Most were not in the
pre-amp or amp circuits, and some manufacturers even went to the extent
of putting transistors that did *nothing*. Eventually a law was passed
(at least in Canada) to prevent this misleading marketing.

Francois