[geeks] Need moving expertise

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Mar 6 20:11:55 CST 2004

Tom Borton wrote:

>> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 03:56:42PM -0800, Nadine Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Any of you folks out there in the DC area have leads on good
>>> housinga
>>
>> Hi Nadine.
>>
>> It really depends on where you're going to be working. If you're
>> going to be working in DC, I would highly reccomend living
>> somewhere near the metro stops.
>

> I agree with Jeff's comment.  I went to American University in DC
> (now living in Rockville, MD) and get postings for short-term rooms
> available <$500/mo in decent neighborhoods, mostly near Bethesda and
> usually with good access to Metro.  If in VA, I can check postings in
> my office for those areas.  Ironically, I haven't seem much for DC
> proper.
>
> There's also a renting slump right now, so you might be able to find
> good deals on rentals, although I'm not sure about the short-term
> prospects.

Work is in No. Vienna/Tyson's Corner area.  The job came
from a geeks/rescue referral.

I have been perusing WashPost site, as well as Craig's list.
Since I'm going to be there without vehicle for a while, I
am definitely shooting to be either near bus lines (got
the wmata "best route" page working for me already :-) or
metro.  Metro is 2.5-ish mi. from work, unfortunately.

Short term rooms available won't be feasible, really, since
neither of us are really suited to shared housing in such a
transitional stress-laden situation and we have an elderly
cat.

I posted a "housing wanted" on CL, but thus far only 2

My investigation leads me to think Alexandria or Arlington
would be good.  Right now I have a short list that came up
w/very positive ratings on <http://www.apartmentratings.com/>,
so I think I'll stick with those.  I'm hoping to get stuff
arranged from here, so I can just show up and pick up the
keys. (Fingers crossed.)

=Nadine=