[geeks] Need moving expertise

Tom Borton tom at borton.info
Sat Mar 6 19:22:31 CST 2004

> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 03:56:42PM -0800, Nadine Miller wrote:
> > Any of you folks out there in the DC area have leads
> > on good housinga
>
> Hi Nadine.
>
> It really depends on where you're going to be working. If you're
> going to be working in DC, I would highly reccomend living
> somewhere near the metro stops.

I agree with Jeff's comment.  I went to American University in DC (now living in Rockville, MD) and get postings for short-term rooms available <$500/mo in decent neighborhoods, mostly near Bethesda and usually with good access to Metro.  If in VA, I can check postings in my office for those areas.  Ironically, I haven't seem much for DC proper.

There's also a renting slump right now, so you might be able to find good deals on rentals, although I'm not sure about the short-term prospects.

Tom