[geeks] Why I hate UPS

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Mar 3 14:43:02 CST 2004

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 @ 12:15 -0800, Nadine Miller said:

> We had much better luck with Airborne Express.

For the prices they charge locally, the pallets should be solid gold.

> But these days, for "whenever" shipping FedEx Ground is my
> carrier of choice.  Very cheap, really.  I'm hoping they
> decide to do an international "slow" shipping at some point.

Every time I use them, the shipping is very expensive compared to UPS.

I wonder if shipping varies a lot, because some people swear by FedEX
for cheap shipping, while others swear *at* FedEX for expensive
shipping.

Locally, UPS gives excellent service, and I've never had a problem using
them for delivery.

The USPS is bad locally for delivery, as I've missed a lot of mail, and
it has actually cost me money.  On the other hand, I've never had a
problem shipping something via USPS, even though they have some really
odd pricing at times.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [javalin: an unwieldy programming weapon used
to stab a software project through the heart until dead]