[geeks] Why I hate UPS

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Mar 2 13:52:52 CST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> How about this.
>
> My package made it from Detroit to the center in my town in 3 days, on
> the 16th.  That package still hasn't managed to make the 8 mile trip
> from that center to my house in 16 days.  They list it as out for
> delivery every since the 16th.

I believe it.

A few months back my wife was waiting for a package from UPS
and I checked the website only to find their claim that no
one was home for the delivery attempt.  This struck me as odd
because I knew she was home and there was no tag on the door.

The next day she was sitting in the front yard on a lawn chair
with the neighbor when she spotted the truck drive through
the neighborhood, then back out a few minutes later.  She called
me and I checked the website.  Sure enough, another claim that
no one was home for the delivery attempt.

The lying piece of shit did it again, but we caught him.

I called UPS, told them what happened, and a half hour
later a different driver in a smaller truck came by with the
package and apologized for the "error."

Would it surprise you to learn that UPS is a union shop?

I have so much better luck with FedEx, who is non-union.

-DanD

# Guys like you don't die on toilets.   -Mel Gibson