[geeks] SunHELP Lists Downtime Soon

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Mar 1 18:45:06 CST 2004

Just a note..

Sometime in the next 24-48 hours, the SunHELP lists hosted on ohno.mrbill.net
will have some temporary downtime, as I migrate everything over to the new
server (a loaded-up E3K from AnySystem.com [1]).

Thanks to rsync, etc, the downtime will be minimal, but there will be
period(s) where the system won't be reachable from the outside world.

Bill

[1] Sun E3000, six 333Mhz/4M CPUs, 3 gigabytes RAM, plenty of hard drive space.
    This box will serve us well for a few more years to come, at least until
    Sun drops Solaris support for it.  By then, I should have an UltraSPARC-III
    based machine to run things on..

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net