[geeks] Oh my, FedEx just called...

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Mar 1 14:03:13 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:32:44PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> My E450 is coming from Anysystem, the driver needs to schedule delivery.
>
> It is 220 pounds.
>
> They need me there to help unlod it.
>
> My wife called after FedEx called her to arrange delivery - she didn't know it was coming...
>
> Now, how will I get it in the basement by myself? It must be heavy packing - I'm off to docs.sunhelp.org for actual system info (like weight!)...
>
> What have I gotten myself into?

Before I learned the trick of removing the door and liner, it took four
people to get my gun safe into my San Jose apartment.  But that weighed
600lb empty, and was going UP two flights of stairs.  With a little in
the way of equipment (try a heavy plastic sheet, on the order of
plastic-trash-can material, and some rope or nylon webbing) you should
be able to manage it yourself without too much difficulty.  My wife and
I can move the E3000 up and down stairs just bare-handing it.

 : alaric at caerllewys.net|alaric-ruthven at earthlink.net|alaric at novylen.net  :