[geeks] Oh my, FedEx just called...

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 1 11:47:16 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> My E450 is coming from Anysystem, the driver needs to schedule delivery.
> It is 220 pounds.
> They need me there to help unlod it.
> My wife called after FedEx called her to arrange delivery - she didn't know
> it was coming...
> Now, how will I get it in the basement by myself? It must be heavy packing -
> I'm off to docs.sunhelp.org for actual system info (like weight!)...

You may want to strip it down to save weight.  My Alphaserver weighed
about the same before I pulled out the power supplies, system boards,
hard drives, and side panels.  After that it was very easy to haul
up the stairs by myself.  The weight or size alone wouldn't be too
difficult, but together it's just awkward.

-DanD

# Qui rides? Mutato nomine de te fabula narratur. (Who are you to laugh?
# Change the name, and the story is told of you.)   -Horace