[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 29 12:14:29 CDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:33:18 -0600 (MDT)
Dan Duncan wrote:
> I went to get a flat patched last week and asked the salesman about
> a tire in the showroom while I waited.  It was for a 26" rim and
> must have had all of 2 inches of sidewall.  It turns out it was
> for a Cadillac Escalade.  He laughed and showed me the rims it
> went on, then explained that for $5000 in rims and $700 a tire
> you too could be shut down by the first pothole you find.

Now that's just beyond stupid.  Not only do they look foolish, but when
you put those things on your Escalade you screw up the handling
characteristics of the vehicle.  That can't ride right, and it must be a
*bitch* to haul down from highway speed.  Probably gonna go through
brake componenets like there's no tomorrow....

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all