[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Jun 29 10:33:18 CDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> And also *very* unsafe.  The weight limit of those rims is nowhere
> near what it needs to be in order to be on a rig of that size.  That's
> just stupid....

I went to get a flat patched last week and asked the salesman about
a tire in the showroom while I waited.  It was for a 26" rim and
must have had all of 2 inches of sidewall.  It turns out it was
for a Cadillac Escalade.  He laughed and showed me the rims it
went on, then explained that for $5000 in rims and $700 a tire
you too could be shut down by the first pothole you find.

-DanD

# Next to being shot at and missed, nothing is really quite as satisfying
# as an income tax refund.  -- F. J. Raymond