[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jun 28 17:12:30 CDT 2004

On Jun 28, 2004, at 5:03 PM, Matthew Braun wrote:

> I think we'll see rappers driving those in their videos as soon as
> they figure out how to cast aluminum spinners in the appropriate
> size. (Speaking of spinners, for the ultimate in bling-coordination:
> http://www.iconoculture.com/stellent/groups/public/documents/website/
> gen2_spreespinnershoes7066.asp).

Okay, here's a pet peeve of mine.

I recently had a GT Cruiser that was a fabulous car except for one
thing - the fucking bling-bling, aftermarket, cheap-ass, motherfucker,
ghetto wheels from Lexani that the dealer put on the car.

When I say that these wheels are cheap, that doesn't even begin to
describe how shitty they are.  Lexani puts about as much thought into
wheel design, materials, and manufacturing as I put into belching.  No
joke.  Think flaking chrome after 3 months on the road.  Think an
identical set of wheels that sat on the dealers lot for 3 months and
had the chrome flaking off - zero miles on that set of wheels.  Think
wheels cast in such crap alloy that it sucked up every drop of water
splashed onto it - including all the road salts and chemicals.  Think
unpolished prior to nickle/chrome application.  Think wheels that warp
over three months and can't keep a balance longer than three days.

When I called the manufacturer to get warranty information (the dealer
refused to provide it to me) they said, and I quote, "well, you know,
chromeing wheels isn't an exact science."

Uh, yeah, it is.

End result?  I talk smack about Lexani wherever I go, and less people
buy their shit products.  I talk smack about Bob Caldwell Dodge in
Columbus Ohio, wherever I go, and less people buy cars there.  Kurt
might never even buy a Chrysler again, because they refused to work
with me to get the dealer to DTRT.

Now, imagine my response in the middle of Bob's Stores in Warwick, RI
when I walk past a rack of sneakers bearing these utterly ridiculous
(and I stress the "ridicule" portion of that word) spinner additions on
the side - BEARING THE LEXANI BRAND NAME!!!

Imagine a big, bald, former bodybuilder, shouting about the shit wheels
and obvious shit sneakers.  The manager didn't seem to appreciate it -
but he didn't ask me to leave either.  :)

--
Kurt Huhn
kurt at k-huhn.com