[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jun 28 16:30:57 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 02:31:18PM -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > If you want hidden, stick a dial up router in a rack, closet, basement,
> > etc.
>
> Why?  Why?  The G5 does connection sharing/firewalling out of the box.
> Why would I want to do that when my G5 and my laptop are the only machines
> in $temporary_housing?

Only two machines?!?

Gah!!!

In my temporary housing, there are a minimum of 3 machines in use at all
times, typically 4-5.  The three minimum are workstation, file server,
and router/firewall/dns server (also likely to get squid installed one
of these days).  Additionally, there can be 1-3 test/work machines
(linux machine, solaris 9 machine, NetBSD/sparc64 machine) going and a
CVS server.

I have a few more machines here (not to mention the ones in storage),
but they are off mainly because they need parts.  Though, if I had those
parts, they'd likely be left off most of the time for heat/power/sound
reasons.

> The answer is obvious Josh.  I get a *lot* of SPAM.

*snort*