[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Jun 28 14:58:01 CDT 2004

I bought a 1600SW and although it looked beautiful, i couldn't
deal with the lost screen real estate and sold it (i also didn't
want to float the $$$ for the multi adapter thing to make it
work on my Octane.)  I was moving from a 24" SGI to the 1600SW,
but i think even if i was using a 20" the size hit would have
been prohibitive for me.

They touted it's "wide screen" approach.  For some reason, i was
thinking it was wider than a "normal" 17", but in reality it's
just a 17" LCD with the top and bottom chopped off.  Hardly
something to be happy about.

/KRM

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:49:28 -0400
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:17:56 -0400
> Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:06:05PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > > At that price?  Not me.  While I'm sure it's nice, my 20"
> > > CRT serves me just fine thankyouverymuch.
> >
> > I'm not trading in my 20" CRT anytime soon, but I very much
> > like the idea of using flat panels to save desk space.  I
> > have a 17" one at work, and it is so much nicer than the
> > 19"-21" tubes[0] that sat on the desk before it.
> >

> I could probably be convince to trade my 20" CRT on an SGI
> 1600SW, but first I'd need to afford *that*.  They've dropped
> in price, but it's still more money than I have.  :)
>
> --
> Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes
> to a kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective
> judgement in all
>                       human affairs."
>                                                    -- Albert
>                                                    Einstein

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/