[geeks] Aluminum 30" Apple Display

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Jun 28 14:17:56 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:06:05PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:12:11 -0400
> Brooke Gravitt wrote:
>
> > So, who's going to be first in line for one of these beasts?
> >
> > http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/wwdc-apples-30-inch-aluminum-display
> > s-and-more-016906.php
>
> At that price?  Not me.  While I'm sure it's nice, my 20" CRT serves me
> just fine thankyouverymuch.

I'm not trading in my 20" CRT anytime soon, but I very much like the
idea of using flat panels to save desk space.  I have a 17" one at work,
and it is so much nicer than the 19"-21" tubes[0] that sat on the desk
before it.

I think my ideal office set up would have a 32" CRT in the corner, and a
pair of 18-23" flat panel displays on both sides.  It would be next
door, or over top of the machine room so that the imaginary G5 and Onyx2
driving those displays would not have to sit in the same room as me. :)
Hey, as long as we are dreaming...

[0]  Yes, I had 3 monitors die in less than a year.  The first was
     likely just a sub-optimal moniter, since it wasn't very far past
     the waranty period.  The next two were on their last legs when I
     got them by raiding the offices of people layed off. The fourth,
     technically worked, but was horrible, so the then CEO traded it for
     the flat panel he'd been using on a RIP.