[geeks] More gmail invites

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jun 24 09:02:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 09:53:45AM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> Also, while it says deleted, there privacy policy says mail may remain
> on their servers after deletion.  And there is no clarification as to
> how long it would remain there...
> The main thing that troubles me about GMail is Google's unwillingness
> to clarify policies when people have concerns.  That raises red flags
> for me.

"it possible to delete messages, or does everything continue to reside in
AllMail?

Oh, no, no, that was just poor wording on our part. It's just that we make a
variety of backups, and we can't guarantee instantaneous deletion. Stuff
that's on tapes, and those are offlineb - we eventually delete it, but we
can't guarantee an instantaneous deletion."

Interview with Sergey Brin.

Bill

--
bill bradford