[geeks] More gmail invites

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Jun 24 08:53:45 CDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Jim O'Gorman wrote:

[The rest of painful gmail delete process delete]

> The Gmail system will automatically empty your trash and spam every 30 days.

They *really* don't want you to delete mail apparently...

I know some will say it's not that painful to do, but compared to
a normal mail client, that is a painful process.

Also, while it says deleted, there privacy policy says mail may remain
on their servers after deletion.  And there is no clarification as to
how long it would remain there...

The main thing that troubles me about GMail is Google's unwillingness
to clarify policies when people have concerns.  That raises red flags
for me.

--Kurt