[geeks] Web file storage

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Jun 20 07:21:17 CDT 2004

> From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> Date: 2004/06/18 Fri PM 01:45:24 GMT
> To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [geeks] Web file storage
>
> I've got a need to let people upload and download files, and only
> *their* files, through a web interface.  Assume that these people have
> no knowledge of FTP, and this needs to be entirely web-based.
>
> Suggestions for software?

Why not focus on a nice GUI front-end for regular FTP? Seems to me that
non-annonymous FTP is exactly what you need, and a nice GUI could help.

Also, based on the client OS these folks are using, I think WinXP might have
some good integration (make an FTP server a network place, save the ID &
password, and you could just drag & drop files in and out of the remote
server...

Hope this helps,

Lionel
lionel 4287 at verizon net