[geeks] Web file storage

James james at jdfogg.com
Fri Jun 18 20:44:37 CDT 2004

> I've got a need to let people upload and download files, and only
> *their* files, through a web interface.  Assume that these people have
> no knowledge of FTP, and this needs to be entirely web-based.
>
> Suggestions for software?

What's your budget? One approach is a content management package called
Content@ (Contenta). I'm implementing it now for a customer.

It's meant to provide a concurrent document collaboration website (like CVS
or Visual Source Safe on steroids). It aint cheap, it needs a true DB
backend, its XML and it rocks. And by "document" they mean anything, incl.
music and video. It is aimed at various publishing industries. The web
interface is very intuitive and html based.