[geeks] Cable modems/routers

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jun 17 00:06:29 CDT 2004

mrl wrote:
> Just got cable installed at the house (after slogging along for 2 years
> with dialup and 6 months with 90$/mo ISDN), and the cable modem they
> give us sucks (at least it's a no-extra-fee "loaner", tho). Looking to
> replace the thing, but I want to make sure that it's not something that
> I have to power cycle all the time, a la the ISDN modem, some
> "consumer-grade" switches, the DSL modem at work, etc. Does anybody have
> any recommendations?

I have an RCA external and it has not been rebooted for 40 days. It was
rebooted when we had to shut off the electricity to do some rewireing.

My son has a motorola external with similar results.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, C.T.O. GW&T Ltd., Jerusalem Israel
gsm at mendelson.com gsm at gwandt.com
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838