[geeks] "pf" on Solaris?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Tue Jun 15 09:56:26 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:28:17AM -0400, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> > $ uname -a
> > SunOS docbert 5.10 s10_61 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
> > $ pkginfo | grep -i ipf
> > system      SUNWipfr                         IP Filter utilities, (Root)
> > system      SUNWipfu                         IP Filter utilities, (Usr)

>   Where did you get s10_61?  The latest Express ISOs I've seen are b58
> (presumably s10_58) and the ISOs I installed on an Ultra5 in my lab are b54

Lets just say that the full hostname for docbert is docbert.aus.sun.com :)

The latest SX release is build 58, which was released a few days ago.
There is a deliberate lag between the versions being available
internally and them being released as SX/Beta's so that we can confirm
that there's no "major" problems with them.

As luck would have it I got to work today (well, yesterday) to find that
the (unmirrored) boot disk on docbert had died, which had caused it to
revert back to the alternate boot environment of s10_60 :(

  Scott.