[geeks] Mitsubish monitor / monitor recommendations / general monitor talk

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Tue Jun 15 08:02:32 CDT 2004

mrl wrote:

> Question: Anyone used a Mitsu monitor before? This particular model,
> perhaps? How does it stack up to a Trinitron? Reviews say it'll do
> 1600x1200 @ 85hz, which is exactly what I was hoping it would do. But
> does it look nice?

I'm sitting in front of a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 200 right now, and I
have been since I bought it back in 2000 for $1000.  It's survived
moving from California, to Rhode Island, to New Jersey, to Pennsylvania,
and it still looks great.  I run it at 1600x1200 at 85 and I still have a
perfectly clear picture from edge to edge.  Additional features you may
not be aware of:

It has 2 vga inputs on the back and a front panel button to switch
between them.  Great if you just need the 'V' of a KVM without the
signal degredation that many KVMs incur at 1600x1200.

It's SOG, so it works fine with an adapter on Suns and SGIs.  (It also
works with the Playstation2 vga adapter).

Cheers,

Caleb