[geeks] Mitsubish monitor / monitor recommendations / general monitor talk

mrl vlack-lists at vlack.com
Mon Jun 14 15:00:45 CDT 2004

While browsing around, I noticed that a local Austin ebayer was selling
Mitsubishi 22" Diamond Pro 200 (looks like it debuted in y2k?) for 100$
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41807&item=5101376883).
I had sort of decided a while back to purchase Trinitron tubes whenever
possible. They of course look very nice, but they also seem to last
quite a while, and with the cheapness of tube monitors lately, why not
go with only the best?

However, while the tubes themselves may be cheap, shipping can multiply
the cost of the tube by 1.5 or more, and 22" is a lot... I could pick
this guy up locally and pay probably 100$ +tax (~3days left, no bids).

Question: Anyone used a Mitsu monitor before? This particular model,
perhaps? How does it stack up to a Trinitron? Reviews say it'll do
1600x1200 @ 85hz, which is exactly what I was hoping it would do. But
does it look nice?