[geeks] testing

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jun 14 23:15:35 CDT 2004

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

>Basically, if you say the magic words "I want a T1" they get to charge
>you the much-higher tarriff rate, rather than the 1.5MBps SDSL rate.
>This happened to me.

Yeah, but i'll tell you what, when that $700/mo. t1 goes down, and i
call to report the problem, i get a knowedgeable person answering the
phone (with no hold time) who is ready to fix my problem and get the t1
back up RIGHT NOW.  When i call about that $80/mo. DSL line, i wait on
hold to listen to some dipshit in bangalore read to me from his book in
broken english for 40 minutes before anything gets done.  It's all a
matter of how important that connection is.

    -Dan Sikorski

(No insult intended to anyone who is from India.  I know smart people
and dumb people of all nationalities, it just so happens that most tech
support calls are answered by dumb/untrained people.  It used to be that
they hired those people locally, but now they do it elsewhere.)