[geeks] testing

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Jun 9 08:31:00 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 01:55:52PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > From: "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net>
> > > i've also heard that if you want a t1, what you often actually get is
> > > a 1.5M sdsl with a little converter terminating it.
> >
> > Yes, that is exactly what you get.  Basically a license to steal law
> > written for the telcos' benefit.
>
> Just curious - how is it a license to steal? Paying for 1.5M connectivity (T1) and getting 1.5M connectivity (SDSL) seems reasonable, provided the SDSL doesn't limit the options of the user...

Basically, if you say the magic words "I want a T1" they get to charge
you the much-higher tarriff rate, rather than the 1.5MBps SDSL rate.
This happened to me.

In some cases, they will tell you "oh, we don't have 1.5M SDSL in your
area yet" while basically installing just that.

> Oh, and why do all replies to your emails (Patrick) get the reply-to set to you, not the list?

I dunno, maybe I have the reply-to set?  I would have thought the
mailing software would have stripped it off or re-written the
headers...

--P