[geeks] Strange x86 problem

James Braid jamesb at loreland.org
Mon Jun 14 20:22:31 CDT 2004

On 15/06/2004, at 12:42 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I've been trying for two days to install Fedora Core 2.  It boots to
> the main
> screen with the "boot:" prompt, and hangs hard.  If I hit enter
> INSTANTLY when
> the screen comes up, I can get it to boot the kernel, fail out of X
> because I
> don't have a mouse, and then go into text-mode install.

Have you tried booting off a floppy and then installing from CD? I am
pretty sure there are some floppy boot images on the fedora CD which
will let you do this. Otherwise Debian's netinst will let you boot from
floppy and install over the network.

Sounds like a really freaky problem ...

Cheers, James

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]