[geeks] testing

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 9 09:19:18 CDT 2004

> From: "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net>
> Date: 2004/06/09 Wed PM 01:31:00 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: [geeks] testing
>

> Basically, if you say the magic words "I want a T1" they get to charge
> you the much-higher tarriff rate, rather than the 1.5MBps SDSL rate.
> This happened to me.

Well, that sucks, but if the local tarrif doesn't list SDSL as available in your area (no rate established), then the telco may not be able to offer you an SDSL service/rate, since none is legally defined.

The reality that they are using SDSL *technology* to supply a T1 equivalent service when a T1 is requested may be based on their inability to offer an "unlisted" service...

Now, if SDSL has a defined tarrif and they deny it, that is an *entirely* different matter, of course...