[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Mon Jun 7 19:10:41 CDT 2004

Andrew Weiss wrote:

>   The key word being that
> this is my opinion.  I'd love to some day see the government look sort
> of like the UFP. (it's not gonna happen... at least not within several
> of our lifetimes)

You mean the UFP where all dissent is repressed?  Kind of
like the happy fun version of the Borg with a sheepskin
covering it up so it doesn't look like the wolf it really
is?  Or didn't you get that from the Maquis/Bejorans in
Deep Space 9 and Star Trek: Lost in Space, er, Star Trek:
Voyager?

(There's easily a dissertation to be written on how the
Borg are actually the Jungian Shadow of the Federation--
but it's unlikely that I can bring myself to do it.)

=Nadine=