[geeks] Ronald Reagan, BFC, Rants du Jour

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Jun 7 08:38:47 CDT 2004

> I think anyone intelligent who watches the film comes away with the
> correct message.
>
> "Always question authority."

Since he made this movie, doesn't that put him the "authority" catalogy?
So I should also "question" him.  Hmmm....makes sense.

> Because I have formed my own opinions about guns (I have no problems
> with them), I only came away with... what I already had and share with
> Moore... an intense dislike for our current government and the people
> in charge... and just a bit more confidence to relax and dismiss the
> "War on Terror" bullshit. Maybe it made me a bit more apathetic... but
> its because I won't have people taking my rights away out of fear.

Too late. (Whispers: "Homeland Security")

> Maybe Moore is rabidly anti-gun in reality and being deceptive about
> it... I don't really care as that part of his message didn't affect me
> if it was even there in the first place... it certainly is present in
> link two above from his site, but is carefully removed from the film to
> make a point to as many people who will listen about being a bit
> friendlier to each other. The whole point I got was hey ...some people
> have guns... some don't... if it doesn't really matter who has guns,
> how easy it is to get them or not, or whether we legistlate them or
> not, then what can we blame?... bowling?... no that'd be absurd...
> maybe we should all relax. This is pretty much what I got out of the
> film.

I haven't seen the movie.  I really don't intend to.  I've seen some of his
other stuff.  I dunno.  I don't know if he has a message or is just trying
to make a buck on "stirring the pot".