[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jun 6 17:53:13 CDT 2004

On Jun 6, 2004, at 6:07 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> I still believe this was a setup pure and simple.  He did the best he
> could and nobody cooperated until he was replaced.  That's not his
> fault.  It's also SUCH A SMALL part of the four years he was in office
> as to be nearly irrelevant.  It's like judging Clinton on Monica... a
> waste of taxpayers money and pointless in the extreme.

I've been biting my tongue until this point.

I don't give a fuck that he was having an extra-marital affair - that's
between him, the girl, his wife, and the cigar.  What I take exception
to is the fact that he chose to deceive an entire nation, and forced
the investigation in the first place.  If he had said "Yeah, I fucked
her.  I did her on my desk, I did her in the limo, and I even had her
behind a bush in the rose garden.", then the nation would have laughed
and moved along.  But noooooo, he had to take the denial to the point
of absurdity.

*THAT* is indicative of a much larger problem with the man.  This,
coupled with the number of other legal problems the man and his wife
have had, points to a majorly flawed character, and one who shouldn't
have been trusted with the welfare of hundreds of millions of people.
He is a dishonest Suit.

--
Kurt Huhn
kurt at k-huhn.com