[geeks] RIP, Ronald Reagan

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 12:04:35 CDT 2004

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 20:25:37 -0500 (CDT), Eric Dittman wrote:
> > I was born in '76 and the first president I knew or cared about was
> > Jimmy Carter.  Especially the farther I got into the 8 long
> > excruciating years that were RR's presidency.
>
> Jimmy Carter was a terrible president.

Maybe, but he wasn't quite as bad as the previous *elected* president.
My first recollection of Presidents/PMs was of Ford (and Nixon) because
of the amount of coverage of Watergate on the news ... I was living in
the US at the time. Kind of weird to recall a foreign leader before one
of my own country.

> The eight years of RR's Presidency were eight great years.

Opinions probably differ on that. Mind you, I don't think he was as bad
as the UK equivalent who I believe was much more divisive.