[geeks] Wireless Problems Redux

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Thu Jul 29 10:17:47 CDT 2004

On Jul 29, 2004, at 11:10, Michael Kaegler wrote:

> There is such a thing as *too much* power.

Yep. I'd originally boosted it to 58mW, and dropped down to 46. Maybe
I'll try something in the 30's. The curious thing is that the eMac in
the other room wasn't dropping. Oh. It's in the other room. Ahhhhhhh.

Cool, thanks!

> (Sorry, no links to published information on this...totally gleaned
> from conversations)

Well, it's true. I know it from personal and professional experience.
Unfortunately I'm stuck downtown all day, so I can't try it 'till I get
home.

Which reminds me... I *LOVE* my new Sony Ericsson T68i and using it as
a GPRS device for my powerbook kicks all kinds of butt. I was kicked
out of the closet this morning that my client had assigned as
workspace, but I can't go home since I have a meeting at 4:00 pm. So
I'm working in the cafe in the building using my $20/month unlimited
data plan from T-Mobile. Woo!

---sambo