[geeks] Wireless Problems Redux

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Wed Jul 28 18:16:15 CDT 2004

Just wanted to thank Nadine publicly.

Some of you may recall my complaints about wireless range on the Geeks
list a few weeks ago. Well, I got antennae then, after Nadine suggested
it, things were somewhat better, and I was happy.

Yesterday I installed the sveasoft firmware onto my WRT54G for other
reasons, and lo and behold once I was inside playing around, I set one
antenna to TX and the other to RX, boosted xmit power just a bit (still
within legal limits), and *BAM*, _TWICE_ the signal strength I had
before.

Nadine had also suggested the firmware. Therefore, she gets credit for
this in my book.

Thanks Nadine.

---sambo