[geeks] guitar / audio geek question

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Jul 25 22:18:55 CDT 2004

-------------- Original message from Bill Bradford : --------------
> few seconds of audio:
>
> http://sa.mrbill.net/clip.mp3
>
> (or, if you have Darkness' album, the very beginning of track #4)
>
> HOW THE HECK can I duplicate that "tinny AM radio" sound? (that's the
> best way I can think to describe it). Any way to do it *without* actually
> playing through and miking up some really tiny crappy speakers?
>
> Bill
>
> --
> bill bradford
> austin texas
How about feeding it through a high pass and low pass filter where you can vary the cutoff frequencies.  Either software or hardware methods would give the same results.  I was thinking of some of the software available for ham radio use.  I don't know if any of it will output to the earphone jack while getting the input from the mic jack.  Just a thought.
Bob