[geeks] Time To Move...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 21 21:20:10 CDT 2004

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 @ 10:39 -0400, Sandwich Maker said:

> i got both s8 and s9...  took -days- [well, nights].  wget/curl was my
> friend.

Yep... slow as my connection is, I don't have time to review all of
the stuff I get.

Of course, my downloads are a little more information-dense than what
most people download, being mostly reading material, programs, etc.

> btw i usually get 3.2-3.5kb/s, but recently managed 7.5k snagging a
> pdf from seagate iirc [with curl].  not bad for a 33.6 modem on a
> 76800 port...

I got a Webramp 200i from eBay.  A little hokey, but it works well
enough, and usually connects at over 40Kbps, and I get around 4.5K/sec,
as high as 10K/sec on compressable stuff.

You know... all the DSL/cable bitches on this list are snickering...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]