[geeks] Time To Move...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 21 09:01:17 CDT 2004

> From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> Date: 2004/07/20 Tue PM 11:24:55 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: [geeks] Time To Move...
>
> Tue, 20 Jul 2004 @ 16:09 +0000, Lionel Peterson said:

> > I am a happy Verizon DSL subscriber for over 3 years now...
>
> I'll keep it in mind.
>
> Seems like DSL and cable both vary a lot depending on where you are.
> I'll have to find people close by and see what kind of service they get.

As added datapoints - I define good service as available when I want it, and outages under 1 hour are not significant (to me - I run no local external servers). When I do have problems, a power-cycle of all the connectivity equipment (Westell DSL "modem" & 3 year-old Linksys cable/router) almost always fixes it right up.

My neighborhood is "stable" - no new construction in last 8-10 years, and I assume pretty high DSL adoption rates - there are a lot of "white collar" workers in my town.