[geeks] Airport Express arrived yesterday!

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Jul 19 15:08:29 CDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> Don't know if you have any other quick booting machines/appliances, but I
> suspect at your next power cycle your airport express will have .100 which
> may cause you some problems :)

I have my DHCP server set to use "Static DHCP[0]" which means it always
assigns the same IP to the same MAC address.  This is nice when I boot
into multiple OSes or frequently rebuild a system for development
purposes and such.  It also lets me find my printer even though it's
still configured for DHCP.  This would probably also work nicely
for headless machines or this Airport Express thingy.

-DanD

[0] Yes, yes, groan all you like but that's what it's called

# There is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress.
# -- Mark Twain