[geeks] Airport Express arrived yesterday!

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Jul 19 13:04:56 CDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, sammy ominsky wrote:

> > Your linksys will probably cause problems.   They don't remember how
> > addresses
> > were assigned when power cycled.  On mine (when I used it for DHCP)
> > the first
> > request after a power cycle got .100, 2nd got .101, etc.

> Something odd about that. I have no such issues here, using my WRT54G
> as DHCP server.

Perhaps I've generalized based upon my rather old Linksys unit when I
should not have.  Perhaps they allow the newer units to write to flash
and keep track of what they've given out now.

So, I could be (and probably am) wrong.  If my Linksys actually had
done that,  I might not have turned off its DHCP server and used a
"real" one...

--Kurt