[geeks] mmm, air tools

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 12 20:34:17 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 05:37:08PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Most of those that I've played with just don't have a small enough
> nozzle for my tastes.  I've modified one with a 6" long piece of copper
> pipe about, oh, 1/8" outside diameter.  It works great for cleaning out
> in between my SBUS cards, and for staying far enough away from the board
> that I don't get a face full of dust when I let loose with a bit of air.

Well, I went to Lowes and picked up a blow gun (with a tiny, pinhole nozzle)
and a quick-disconnect coupler for the hose.  I didn't have the extra $5 to
pick up couplers for both ends of the hose, so I put the one I'd gotten on
the tank/hose end, and just screwed the other end of the hose into the
blow gun.  Later this week (after payday) I'll pick up another set of couplers.

Is it normal to put the male or female side of the coupler on the tank itself?
Is there a "recommended" way, or "as long as it connects and doesn't leak" ?

> Hope you have spare filters for the A/C.  :-)

Yep, plenty. :)

Bill

--
bill bradford