[geeks] mmm, air tools

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Mon Jul 12 19:37:08 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 17:19, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I feel manly.  Got my first air compressor today.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000ZFZ9Q

Heh, score!  Somehow my first air compressor is about 5 times that size,
and it's still just barely big enough to run "air tools" with.  It does,
however, have a 12 gallon tank, which is enough to clean out a bunch of
computers.  :)

> Came with a crappy hose, and the only attachment is for airing up
> car tires - but I can get the blow-gun nozzle attachment for $5 or
> so at Lowes here in about ten minutes.

Most of those that I've played with just don't have a small enough
nozzle for my tastes.  I've modified one with a 6" long piece of copper
pipe about, oh, 1/8" outside diameter.  It works great for cleaning out
in between my SBUS cards, and for staying far enough away from the board
that I don't get a face full of dust when I let loose with a bit of air.

> I'm going to be running around the house blowing the dust out of all the
> computers tonight. :)

Hope you have spare filters for the A/C.  :-)
	Greg