[geeks] TiVo Observations (new owner)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 16:24:15 CDT 2004

> From: Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net>
> Date: 2004/07/12 Mon PM 08:36:59 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] TiVo Observations (new owner)

> Mine doesn't do any of the home media stuff (too old) but I got to
> play with the beta version on a friend's unit and it just never
> seemed all that useful to me.  To me, the whole point of connecting
> multiple units together would be for "clustering" purposes where
> recording duties would be load balanced to cover shows airing
> at the same time and available disk space, and also to allow
> playback of different shows on different heads, but as far as
> I know it still doesn't do all that.  Perhaps soon?

The Replays do all that - one time I was streaming a feed from one replay when the unit I was watching on started to record a show... It freaked me out, cause I thought the manual said that couldn't be done...

The replays are very flexible, and I assume TiVos are similarly fun when properly activated...