[geeks] TiVo Observations (new owner)

David Selders david.selders at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 10:34:57 CDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:04:13 +0000, Lionel Peterson
<lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> 2) What is up with those "TiVo Suggestions"? I found several odd
>    programs recorded (3 stooges, Kim Possible, Charlies Angels:
>    Full Throttle, etc.) are any of them "funded" by third-parties?
>    (Could I pay TiVo to recommend a show be taped?)
>
> 3) The video picture is very good, comprable to Replay...
>
> 4) Is there a way to shut off "random" recording? I haven't had
>    a real problem yet, but a couple times TiVo would "announce"
>    that it wanted to change channels to record a show (one of it's
>    suggestions) while I was watching something else. Since I have
>    a cable box, it can only record what I watch.

Yeah there is a way to turn of Tivo suggestions.  I'm not at home so I
can't tell you exactly how to do it, but it's buried in those menu's
someplace.  I have noticed that it does pick up some strange things as
"suggestions".  I have been very happy with my Tivo.  I enjoy my
television much more than I used to, and there is almost always
something to watch.  I just wish I would have bought the 80hour
instead of the 40hour.  I guess I will have to mod it.

Dave