[geeks] My tinfoil hat just bounced some rays...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sun Jul 11 22:30:58 CDT 2004

On Sunday, July 11, 2004, at 10:27 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> From: Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com>
>> Date: 2004/07/12 Mon AM 02:52:08 GMT
>> To: The List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: [geeks] My tinfoil hat just bounced some rays...
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/11/election.day.delay/
>> index.html
>>
>> <Mister Rogers>
>> Can you say "constitutional dictatorship"?  I thought you could!
>> </Mister Rogers>
>>
>> So?  Who's up for moving en-mass to Australia?
>
> What is the problem? Decide if postponing the election *is possible*
> is nothing more than planning for all contingencies... God forbid
> something *does* happen, do we want another Al Haig "I'm in control,
> here" moment?

With all due respect - do you really think they would even put this
idea out there if they hadn't already planned something?

Election Day:  Oops!  Those nasty terrorists blew up $monument!  We
need to postpone the election!

Repeat for every election day thereafter.

I don't think my tinfoil hat here is unwarranted.

> And what was this "factoid" doing in the report:
>
> "Soaries, who was appointed by President Bush, is a former New Jersey
> secretary of state and senior pastor of the 7,000-member First Baptist
> Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset."

*shrug*
Don't ask me.

Mike
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight