[geeks] its what you carry with you

The Renaissance Man alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Jul 10 22:43:58 CDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 03:22:44AM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> [...]  Drug gangs exist
> because the powers that be want to make news by getting the "big boys",
> not the street dealers.  The "war on drugs" will never be won because if it
> was, all the people making money on it will lose their jobs!

My point exactly.  Plus, the government is addicted to all the emergency
law enforcement powers they can claim are necessary to continue fighting
it their way.  One could argue that the main purpose of the War on Drugs
is to provide a means and justification for circumvention of the Fourth
Amendment.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net