[geeks] I'm glad I don't live in the US!

The Renaissance Man alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Jul 10 18:12:27 CDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 07:11:45PM -0400, James wrote:
> > their ballot where their mouth is and vote Libertarian.  Sure, some of
> > the Libs are a bit on the kooky side, particularly in CA, but their
> > hearts are in the right place -- and frankly, even the slightly-kooky
> > ones are better overall than what we've got right now.
>
> As a New Hampshire resident and the target of the Libertarian strong-arm
> "overwhelm the system by flooding the rolls" tactics I have taken a good
> look at Libertarians. They have already started to move here in large
> numbers and are taking over one town as I write this. They are largely
> nucking futs.

I note that the one group that's attempting to take over a town has
nothing to do with the Free State project or the main Libertatian party,
both of whom have essentially disclaimed that group's head as being ...
well, yeah, a nut.  :)  (In fact, several of the FSP's leaders have
castigated him for giving Libertarians everywhere a bad name.)

> But it is time for a few new viable parties, or a complete flush and regime
> change as the founding fathers thought healthy.

I think it's been that time for a long time.  I also think the Americans
of two hundred years ago would not have let it go nearly this far.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net