[geeks] its what you carry with you

The Renaissance Man alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 7 15:09:54 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 10:40:04AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Most states in the US also.  IIRC, anything longer than 3" is asking for
> trouble just about anywhere here - especially if it's "concealed", which
> is open to interpretation.  Texas is probably different, though.  When I
> lived in CA, I never had a problem with a 4" tanto-bladed folder - as
> long as I wore it on my belt or clipped it to my pocket.

Yup.  I've always found it interesting that CA, on the one hand, has its
incredibly vague and open-to-abuse "dirk or dagger" law (under which a
cheap Bic ballpoint pen could easily qualify as a "dirk or dagger"), and
yet at the same time has an explicit provision stating that any knife
carried in a belt sheath *or clipped into a pocket with an attached
clip* is not considered "concealed".

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net