[geeks] its what you carry with you

The Renaissance Man alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 7 14:30:15 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 11:20:58AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:46:51 -0500
> Bill Bradford wrote:
> > > What manner of hoops did you have to jump through to get permission
> > > from your employer for that?  Do you work in a particularly rough
> > > section of Miami?
> >
> > There was much gnashing of teeth when $WORK was assimilated by
> > $BIG_COMPANY, as this meant there was now an official
> > concealed-carry-not-allowed policy, and about ten people (out of 75)
> > had to stop taking their guns to work.
> >

> That would *suck*.
>
> Now that I look into it, my employer seems to have a BRAND NEW "no
> weapons of any kind at any time" policy.  Which means my pocket knife is
> now in violation of company policy.  Hmmmm.  It could be Time To Move.

We could all converge on, say, New Hampshire and start up a company at
which official company policy encourages all employees to be armed at
all times, and the company will assist you with filing your CCW
paperwork upon request....

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net