[geeks] its what you carry with you

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jul 7 14:23:32 CDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> So, what's their definition of a weapon?  Something someone can be
> assulted with?  Better removed the smaller computers then.

I've been wondering about that for a LONG time.  What is a weapon?  You
can permanently and painfully blind a fellow with a pencil, you can kill
someone with a screwdriver, you can lacerate the hell out of them with
pretty-much any computer board, you can bludgeon them with office
furniture, you can strangle someone with a tie or belt, or you can just
beat their lights out with fists.

I weigh nearly 280lbs, can kick over my head, and wear steel-toed boots.
I'm a walking weapon.

And "no other reasonable purpose" doesn't fit for a knife.  I frequently
open boxes, cut cable ties, and strip wire--all of these require a
bladed implement.

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of